Prepare different sky maps for a particular observationWhats new in version 3.8.2450:
Cartes du Ciel enables the user to draw sky charts, using the data in 16 catalogs of stars and nebulae. In addition the position of planets, asteroids and comets are shown.
The purpose of this program is to prepare different sky maps for a particular observation. A large number of parameters help you to choose specifically or automatically which catalogs to use, the colour and the dimension of stars and nebulae, the representation of planets, the display of labels and coordinate grids, the superposition of pictures, the condition of visibility and more.
All these features make this celestial atlas more complete than a conventional planetarium.
• Add the capability to display a picture for the horizon panorama. The image must be a PNG file of any size representing the full 360° panorama with an equirectangular projection. The horizon must be exactly at the middle height of the picture. The sky area must be set transparent. The left side of the picture is the East direction. If you use another orientation you must also give the offset angle.
• Color option for Catgen nebula catalog.
• Update URL option for Catgen text catalog.
• Archive downloaded DSS images.
• Display images with WCS from FITS archive.
• Better picture/map transparency.
• More options for picture tone mapping.
• Full 16bit processing for pictures.
• Multithread for fits mapping.
• Add orientation in compass.
• New simplified pointer instead of compass.
• Galaxy symbol depend on luminosity also in line mode.
• DSO label size depend on magnitude.
Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 98